This area was settled in 1836, when a hotel called Lake View House
was built here (yes, it had a view of the lake).
The town of Lake View, home of German immigrants, incorporated
in 1887, was annexed to Chicago in 1889, over the opposition of
its mayor, Billy Boldenwecke who refused to turn over the city treasury
to Chicago until the State Supreme Court forced him to.
Part of Lake View is known as "Wrigleyville." (Wrigley Field was
called Weegman Park when it was built in 1914 for the Chicago Whales
of the Federal League.)
of the Chicago Cubs
1060 W. Addison
773 / 404-CUBS
To get to Wrigley Field by 'L,' take the Howard Branch of the
Red Line to Addison. (NOTE: There's also a station called "Addison"
on the Brown Line; don't be fooled!)
Back to the Map